5.02.2008

The Sun King


Take Two on my Temple submission for this week. Nolan I suggested I draw something Authority flavored and my brain went three places instantly: Apollo, Midnighter, or Jack Hawksmoor. Only because I was determined to get some better sense of anatomy in and Middy and Jack are both wearing too many clothes at any given time. :/

At the cumulative advice/kicks in the head this week from Shawn and Nolan which lead me to raid the school library for every Bridgeman and Loomis book on the shelf, as well as let go of these hard ideals that I need to draw super naturalistic and beat myself up every time when it doesn't look right.

Personally I will confess male torsos at a certain angle have always been a weak point for me, I thought I'd give it a go again but I'm fairly certain I'm missing a muscle group or two in there. Just gotta keep trying! :D

Enjoy. :3

No comments: